About Christian Psychological and Family Services (CPFS)
Facts About CPFS
1. Christian Psychological and Family Services (CPFS) has been in existence since its inception in St. Louis, Missouri in 1975. CPFS provides a wide range of counseling services, both on an individual basis, as well as services for marriage and family therapy.
2. CPFS operates very much like a general health clinic, wherein a wide range of services are available. All services are by appointment only and counselors are available days, evenings, and/or weekends.
3. All services are offered on the basis of ability to pay. CPFS accepts all insurance, and will investigate and evaluate your insurance program, and inform you of the findings.
4. The only source of income CPFS has are the fees that clients pay, but no one has ever been turned away for service because of a lack of funds. Over the years, CPFS has provided over two million dollars worth of professional counseling services, in the name of the Lord, for those who were unable to pay the customary fee.
5. Every counselor on the CPFS staff is a professing Christian, CPFS describes itself as “non-denominational” – belonging to all churches. Therefore, CPFS does not take denominational positions, or tell our clients what they ought to believe. CPFS has a redemptive approach, wherein we are not judgmental. Instead, we help people in the name of Christ wherever they are with their problems.
6. CPFS believes the consumer has both rights and privileges. It is our honor to serve you, and we encourage you to ask any question you would like to ask of us. We want you to be informed.
7. All session are based on a fifty minute hour, although appointments may be made for a half-session, one and a half sessions, and two hour sessions.
8. CPFS does not have a billing service. All payments are required at the time services take place. Since everyone is served according their ability to pay, this cannot be a hardship on anyone. Such a policy reduces operational expenses, which is necessary for CPFS to serve everyone according to their ability to pay.
9. If you must cancel an appointment, it will be necessary to do so at least 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, payment will be required for the missed, or late cancellation session because the time was reserved for you and insufficient time was allowed to find someone to take your counseling hour. Not only would you not be using your hour, but you would be preventing others from using it as well.
Our agency is based on the belief that our clients’ needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat clients and referrals.
We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry